<img src="/icons/light-bulb_red.svg" alt="/icons/light-bulb_red.svg" width="40px" /> Notion is an in-person company and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of the week in the office (including a third day).
<img src="https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/27086fbd-f918-4e64-b1fb-90d24106dac3/Screen_Shot_2021-06-10_at_2.41.52_PM.png" alt="https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/27086fbd-f918-4e64-b1fb-90d24106dac3/Screen_Shot_2021-06-10_at_2.41.52_PM.png" width="40px" /> Most interviews will be conducted virtually over Zoom. Your Recruiter will let you know if we’d like to meet you in person!
📚 General Advice & Prep
- Read over the job description. To get ready for your interview, read through the job description and make sure you know what is expected of the role.
- Everyone loves a candidate who does their homework! Do some research on who you'll be meeting (we'll give you names ahead of time), and do some reading on Notion as a company, business, and product. You should know what our mission and values are and be able to speak to them.
- Read over our Life at Notion page! We have a lot of helpful info in there curated for you to learn about our company culture and read over Talent Spotlights.
- Breaks. We know that interviewing at home can be stressful. For interviews lasting more than 3 hours, we will do our best to include a break in your schedule. If you need any additional breaks, just let us know. Also, our interviewing team is totally understanding if you need to quickly step away or run to the restroom - you're human!
- We love to ask behavioral-based interview questions. Behavioral questions usually start with phrases like “tell me about a time when” or “give me an example of". We want to understand what you owned and what you delivered. Expect follow-up questions such as, “what did you do then?” or “what was the result?”
- Listen carefully. If you don't fully understand the question, please ask! You can ask the interviewer to clarify or rephrase their question. Also, feel free to tell your interviewer you need a moment to collect your thoughts.
- Be concise. Communication is important in all of our roles here. ****We recommend being thorough but concise. In general, we'd like to hear about fewer things but in more detail. We want to hear about the details of the challenges you've encountered and what exactly you did. Avoid giving "whirlwind tours" that touch on a lot of areas but only superficially or talking about your team or company in a way that makes it hard to ascertain your personal contribution. It's helpful for us to hear about outcomes and impact and not just inputs.
- Come with questions. This is your chance to interview us as well. We value curiosity and want to answer your questions.
<img src="/icons/book_red.svg" alt="/icons/book_red.svg" width="40px" /> Interview Guides
Interview Guide - Business Roles
Interview Guides - Technical Roles
Our team is working on building more candidate resources. If you don't see what you're looking for, please check in with your recruiter. Your recruiter is your partner in this process and is here to answer any questions you have along the way
<img src="/icons/heart_red.svg" alt="/icons/heart_red.svg" width="40px" /> About Notion
Life at Notion
<img src="/icons/elephant_red.svg" alt="/icons/elephant_red.svg" width="40px" /> Our Community